Educational Data Manager
Published on October 27, 2016 | Updated on November 9, 2016
Knovation partners with educators, districts, educational technology solution developers, and content providers around the country to design and implement solutions that reduce barriers to learning.
We are seeking an Educational Data Manager (EDM) to manage and provide leadership for the analysis, acquisition, and oversight of educational data.
What you’ll do:
The EDM will Identify and implement new methods of content harvest, evaluation, maintenance and metadata analysis that streamline the process, improve customer access to content, and preserve a high degree of accuracy and rigor in the creation of metadata. The EDM will develop and manage key strategic initiatives necessary to implement the overall company content strategy, while working collaboratively to ensure the strategy incorporates the latest industry instructional content trends.
The EDM will compile, analyze, and report on usage data and trends of content metadata use across general and specific user segments, working cross-departmentally to support strategic initiatives. The EDM will work collaboratively with the Content Solutions team using data to guide future content harvesting, curation, and quality assurance efforts.
Other duties include:
- In collaboration with the Chief Product Officer and Content Solutions team, evaluates and establishes priority of key strategic initiatives.
- Provides content management support to Content Solutions team to improve process efficiency, communicate best practices, and offer guidance related to the content management process.
- Analyzes existing usage data and reports in order to provide guidance, and make recommendations for innovative solutions that support the organization’s strategic direction.
- Manage mass content acquisition process using metadata requirements elicited from Content Product Manager, extracts data from targeted sources, assigns custom Knovation data, and manages upload process.
- Works with Content Solutions team to perform custom modifications to existing metadata.
- Oversees the managed link process ensuring the accuracy and efficiency of server response code checking.
- Manages a small team of quality assurance professionals to update URLs that no longer work properly.
What we’re looking for:
- Tech savvy with a basic understanding of educational digital content
- Deep understanding of and experience using Excel and other technology tools to collect, manipulate, analyze and report on data is critical to this position
- Professional experience with K-12 education organizations, analyzing educational trends, and working with and understanding national and state academic standards
- Creativity in finding new solutions and designing innovative methods, systems and processes
- Excellent communication skills, ability to simplify complex topics for broad audiences
- Great business judgment and ability to influence others with strong analytical thinking
- Ability to move quickly in a fast-paced environment without forgetting important details
- Proven ability to work cross-functionally in a collaborative environment
Benefits of working at Knovation:
- Competitive Compensation
- Excellent Medical, Dental, and Vision Insurance Company
- Paid Group Life Insurance Company
- Paid Short-term and Long-term Disability
- 401(k) Retirement Savings Plan
- Flexible Spending Account – Health & Dependent Day Care
Well-being is important:
- Casual dress environment
- Generous PTO Plan and Eight Paid Holidays per Year
- A relaxed work environment with a great culture!
Interested? Let’s talk. Candidates should forward a cover letter, resume and salary requirements to email@example.com.