Content Quality Control Specialist
Published on January 5, 2017
Knovation partners with educators, districts, educational technology solution developers, and content providers around the country to design and implement solutions that reduce barriers to learning.
We are seeking a Content Quality Control Specialist to lead content quality control projects and perform content maintenance utilizing background and corporate approved tools.
What you’ll do:
- Lead content quality control projects
- Perform content maintenance
- Proactively identify opportunities to improve content quality
- Respond to customer or internal staff inquiries or issues
Other duties include:
The responsibilities listed are fundamental to the position and must be performed to be successful in this role. Other responsibilities may be assigned.
- Ensure data quality and consistency of educational content.
- Proactively identify and correct content issues for reasons that include being outdated, inaccurate, inappropriate, duplicated, or broken.
- Respond to and address content issues or questions that are identified by customers or internal staff.
- Harvest and create educational content metadata.
The performance factors described here are core abilities that translate into successfully achieving the performance objectives of this role and carrying out the assigned responsibilities.
- Self-Management: Independently pursues business objectives in an organized and efficient manner; prioritizes activities as necessary to meet job responsibilities; maintains required level of activity toward achieving goals without direct supervision; minimizes workflow disruptions and time wasters to complete high quality work within a specified time frame.
- Interpersonal Skills: Initiates and develops business relationships in positive ways; successfully works with a wide range of people at varying levels of organizations; communicates with others in ways that are clear, considerate and understandable; demonstrates ease in relating with a diverse range of people of varying backgrounds, ages, experience and education levels.
- Personal Accountability: Accepts personal responsibility for the consequences of personal actions; avoids placing unnecessary blame on others; maintains personal commitment to objectives regardless of the success or failure of personal decisions; applies personal lessons learned from past failures to moving forward in achieving future successes.
- Objective Listening: Values other’s points of view; regularly solicits input from others and listens to them without interrupting; represents others’ points of view impartially; verifies understanding of others’ feedback.
- Goal Achievement: Establishes goals that are relevant, realistic and attainable; identifies and implements required plans and milestones to achieve specific business goals; initiates activity toward goals without unnecessary delay; stays on target to complete goals regardless of obstacles or adverse circumstances.
What we’re looking for:
- Experience: 2 years of professional experience with K-12 education organizations, educational trends, and state academic standards
- Reasoning Development: Apply business management principles to define problems, collect data, establish facts, and draw valid conclusions. Deal with several abstract and concrete variables.
- Mathematical Development: Perform basic arithmetic operations computing ratios, rates and percentages. Read reports, and create/interpret graphs.
- Communication: Demonstrate excellent writing, editing and proofreading ability, and excellent spelling and grammar skills.
- Education: BA or BS degree in Education, Library Media, or a related degree.
Benefits of working at Knovation:
- Competitive Compensation
- Excellent Medical, Dental, and Vision Insurance Company
- Paid Group Life Insurance Company
- Paid Short-term and Long-term Disability
- 401(k) Retirement Savings Plan
- Flexible Spending Account – Health & Dependent Day Care
Well-being is important:
- Casual dress environment
- Generous PTO Plan and Eight Paid Holidays per Year
- A relaxed work environment with a great culture!
Interested? Let’s talk. Candidates should forward a cover letter, resume and salary requirements to firstname.lastname@example.org.