Published on December 14, 2016
Knovation partners with educators, districts, educational technology solution developers, and content providers around the country to design and implement solutions that reduce barriers to learning.
We are seeking a Content Curator for effectively evaluating and harvesting digital content utilizing background and corporate approved tools.
What you’ll do:
- Effectively evaluate/harvest digital resources using teaching background experience and corporate approved style guide to ensure quality content in Knovation products
- Participate in professional learning experiences to ensure utilization of Knovation tools and current educational strategies
- Complete corporate required communication and reporting in a timely and accurate manner
Other duties include:
The responsibilities listed are fundamental to the position and must be performed to be successful in this role. Other responsibilities may be assigned.
- Evaluate digital resources provided by Content Manager
- Provide real-world teaching expertise
- Use Knovation products within a classroom setting if currently teaching
- Provide expertise within a subject(s)
- Harvest digital resources when requested by Content Manager
- Complete weekly time record accurately and timely
- Participate in ongoing professional learning experiences related to the position and tools
The performance factors described here are core abilities that translate into successfully achieving the performance objectives of this role and carrying out the assigned responsibilities.
- Results Orientation: Identifies the actions necessary to complete tasks and obtain results. Maintains focus on goals; identifies and acts on removing potential obstacles to successful goal attainment; implements thorough and effective plans and applies appropriate resources to produce desired results; follows through on all commitments to achieve results.
- Self Management: Prioritizes and completes tasks in order to deliver desired outcomes within allotted time frames. Independently pursues business objectives in an organized and efficient manner; prioritizes activities as necessary to meet job responsibilities; maintains required level of activity toward achieving goals without direct supervision; minimizes workflow disruptions and time wasters to complete high quality work within a specified time frame.
- Problem Solving: Identifies the key components of a problem to formulate a solution or solutions. Analyzes all data relative to a problem; divides complex issues into simpler components in order to achieve clarity; selects the best options available to solve specific problems; applies all relevant resources to implement suitable solutions.
- Personal Accountability: Accepts personal responsibility for the consequences of personal actions; avoids placing unnecessary blame on others; maintains personal commitment to objectives regardless of the success or failure of personal decisions; applies personal lessons learned from past failures to moving forward in achieving future successes.
- Goal Achievement: Sets, pursues and attains achievable goals, regardless of obstacles or circumstances. Establishes goals that are relevant, realistic and attainable; identifies and implements required plans and milestones to achieve specific business goals; initiates activity toward goals without unnecessary delay; stays on target to complete goals regardless of obstacles or adverse circumstances.
- Continuous Learning: Takes initiative in learning and implementing new concepts, technologies and/or methods. Demonstrates curiosity and enthusiasm for learning; takes initiative in acquiring and mastering the skills and knowledge requirements of a position; keeps abreast of current or new information through reading and other learning methods; is actively interested in new technologies, processes and methods; welcomes or seeks assignments requiring new skills and knowledge; expends considerable effort and/or expense on learning; genuinely enjoys learning; identifies applications for knowledge; is considered a knowledgeable resource by others.
- Flexibility: Agility in adapting to change. Responds promptly to shifts in direction, priorities and schedules; demonstrates agility in accepting new ideas, approaches and/or methods; effective in juggling multiple priorities and tasks; modifies methods or strategies to fit changing circumstances; adapts personal style to work with different people; maintains productivity during transitions, even in the midst of chaos; embraces and/or champions change.
What we’re looking for:
- Experience: 1-3 years of successful teaching experience, Proficient computer skills, Ability to work independently, Ability to work a minimum of 10 hours per week
- Reasoning Development: Able to carry out instructions furnished in written and oral forms; deal with problems involving several concrete variables
- Mathematical Development: Able to compute basic mathematics; ability to read and use graphs/charts
- Language Development: Able to read reports, workplace rules, procedures. Excellent spelling and grammar skills
- Licensures and Certifications: Teacher Certificate
- Education: B.S. or B.A. required
Benefits of working at Knovation:
- Competitive compensation
- Work from home
- Flexible work hours
- A relaxed work environment with a great culture!
Interested? Let’s talk. Candidates should forward a cover letter, resume and salary requirements to email@example.com.