- Laura Hannah
- Director of Marketing
- Amy Smolensky
For Immediate Release
Knovation Set to Transform Traditional Teaching and Learning Methods with Personalized Digital Curriculum Content Solution: icurio
CINCINNATI, OH – February 7, 2012 – Knovation, the leader in advanced, personalized learning solutions, today announced that it has unveiled its newest product, icurio, the first digital curriculum content solution for personalized learning. The icurio solution is set to break down barriers to learning, transforming the way teachers teach and the way students learn in a modern day educational environment.
The introduction of icurio comes on the heels of Knovation’s corporate transformation announcement, which reflects a new name and broadening vision for the company formerly known as netTrekker. Knovation’s icurio enables districts to bridge from fixed traditional content to flexible digital content that can be targeted to meet the unique needs of learners across the learning continuum. The only digital curriculum content solution that delivers a comprehensive collection of 330,000 digital learning resources aligned to state and Common Core standards, icurio provides teachers more time and flexibility to engage students and address their individual needs and gives students the content and tools they need to take charge of their own learning.
“Use of digital learning content inside traditional curriculum can dramatically increase student engagement,” says Joe Grieshop, president and managing officer of Knovation. “icurio not only provides robust educational content but also provides a unique toolset, combined with professional learning, to help teachers manage and maximize that content to match individual student needs. In essence, we are streamlining the path to personalized learning and ultimately maximizing every student’s true potential.”
Mooresville Graded School District (MGSD) in Mooresville, NC, one of the only public school districts in the nation to issue a laptop to every third through twelfth grader, has already adopted icurio as part of its effort to provide digital resources and rich content to its students. “Our strategic decision to implement icurio affords each MGSD student the ability to use data rich content to meet their individual needs,” said Dr. Scott S. Smith, chief technology officer, MGSD. “In the 21st century teaching and learning environment, icurio is a natural fit for MGSD to reach every child every day.”
In addition to MGSD, other early adopters of icurio include the School District of Manatee County (Bradenton, FL) and Community Consolidated School District 15 (Palatine, IL). Impacting nearly 65,000 students, these early adopters have seen excellent preliminary results with icurio.
Designed to support districts on the print-to-digital transition and to empower teachers as they transform their classrooms to an engaging, learner-centered environment, icurio gives teachers the time and flexibility to create lessons that target individual student needs, reducing barriers to learning and improving achievement. icurio empowers teachers with:
- 330,000+ digital learning resources aligned with state and Common Core standards and a powerful content organization framework that allows for curriculum planning and daily lesson planning for the district, school, classroom, and even the individual student.
- Digital content from leading providers, including BrainPOP®, Defined STEM, National Science Teachers Association, Learnetic Math and Science, Weekly Reader Express and hundreds more for teaching all K-12 curriculum subjects, including STEM and 21st century skills.
- A learner-centered solution that helps teachers and students effectively use technology in learning.
- A wide variety of tools and techniques to get students back on track.
- Engaging resources to help students feel excited about learning and easy access to problem-solving, small group and individualized activities to support the curriculum.
Using unique personalized learning tools such as the Read Aloud text-to-speech feature for auditory support and the dictionary/translation tool, icurio enables students to become independent learners, improve comprehension and attain a higher level of success. Whether a student is struggling with a specific subject, is an English language learner, or is in need of enrichment, icurio’s personalized learning features allow students to:
- Build and organize content collections on their own for homework and projects or access specific topic-based content that is organized and prepared by their teachers to address their individual learning needs.
- Connect with information in different formats such as videos, text, time-based resources and images.
- Make learning fun with educator-selected learning games and interactive online experiences, including a selected Game of the Week.
- Access customized ELL/ESL features that build vocabulary, grammar, pronunciation, reading comprehension, and writing skills.
- Extend learning beyond the classroom and beyond the school day with 24/7 web-based access from school or home.
Each icurio subscription includes a professional learning plan that is co-developed as part of every school or district implementation plan.
icurio utilizes the standards alignment services of Academic Benchmarks, the premier provider of comprehensive standards-based K-12 educational databases, alignment tools, and integration products.
To learn more about icurio, please contact Knovation at 1.855.KNOVATE (566-8283) or visit www.knovationlearning.com.
Based in Cincinnati, Ohio, Knovation is dedicated to transforming education from a one-way, one-size-fits-all approach to a learner-centered approach that minimizes environmental, emotional, functional and stylistic learning barriers and is customized to the unique needs of every learner. A mission-driven group of academic, technology and business professionals passionate about making a difference in the lives of learners and those that make learning possible, Knovation delivers standards-based, personalized, digital content solutions that empower learners to unlock their curiosity and potential. The Knovation product portfolio includes icurio, the flagship digital curriculum content solution for personalized learning, netTrekker Search, the company’s legacy educational search product and igotta, the personalized student workspace solution developed in partnership with Zeus Learning. Knovation also provides digital transformation services including consultation, planning and professional learning around the transition from print to digital within a classroom. Founded in 1999, Knovation’s legacy platform, netTrekker Search, is widely recognized as the leading standards-based educational search tool and currently serves millions of students in thousands of K-12 public and private schools across U.S., Canada and Puerto Rico. The vision of Knovation is to ‘Ignite the hope of knowing by reducing the barriers to learning.’