- Laura Hannah
- Director of Marketing
- Amy Smolensky
- Communications Consultant
Cincinnati, OH – February 7, 2012 – Knovation, the leader in advanced, personalized learning solutions, today announced that it has unveiled its newest product, icurio, the first digital curriculum content solution for personalized learning. The icurio solution is set to break down barriers to learning, transforming the way teachers teach and the way students learn in a modern day educational environment.
The introduction of icurio comes on the heels of Knovation’s corporate transformation announcement, which reflects a new name and broadening vision for the company formerly known as netTrekker. Knovation’s icurio enables districts to bridge from fixed traditional content to flexible digital content that can be targeted to meet the unique needs of learners across the learning continuum. The only digital curriculum content solution that delivers a comprehensive collection of 330,000 digital learning resources aligned to state and Common Core standards, icurio provides teachers more time and flexibility to engage students and address their individual needs and gives students the content and tools they need to take charge of their own learning.
“Use of digital learning content inside traditional curriculum can dramatically increase student engagement,” says Joe Grieshop, president and managing officer of Knovation. “icurio not only provides robust educational content but also provides a unique toolset, combined with professional learning, to help teachers manage and maximize that content to match individual student needs. In essence, we are streamlining the path to personalized learning and ultimately maximizing every student’s true potential.”
Mooresville Graded School District (MGSD) in Mooresville, NC, one of the only public school districts in the nation to issue a laptop to every third through twelfth grader, has already adopted icurio as part of its effort to provide digital resources and rich content to its students. “Our strategic decision to implement icurio affords each MGSD student the ability to use data rich content to meet their individual needs,” said Dr. Scott S. Smith, chief technology officer, MGSD. “In the 21st century teaching and learning environment, icurio is a natural fit for MGSD to reach every child every day.”
In addition to MGSD, other early adopters of icurio include the School District of Manatee County (Bradenton, FL) and Community Consolidated School District 15 (Palatine, IL). Impacting nearly 65,000 students, these early adopters have seen excellent preliminary results with icurio.
Designed to support districts on the print-to-digital transition and to empower teachers as they transform their classrooms to an engaging, learner-centered environment, icurio gives teachers the time and flexibility to create lessons that target individual student needs, reducing barriers to learning and improving achievement. icurio empowers teachers with:
- 330,000+ digital learning resources aligned with state and Common Core standards and a powerful content organization framework that allows for curriculum planning and daily lesson planning for the district, school, classroom, and even the individual student.
- Digital content from leading providers, including BrainPOP®, Defined STEM, National Science Teachers Association, Learnetic Math and Science, Weekly Reader Express and hundreds more for teaching all K-12 curriculum subjects, including STEM and 21st century skills.
- A learner-centered solution that helps teachers and students effectively use technology in learning.
- A wide variety of tools and techniques to get students back on track.
- Engaging resources to help students feel excited about learning and easy access to problem-solving, small group and individualized activities to support the curriculum.
Using unique personalized learning tools such as the Read Aloud text-to-speech feature for auditory support and the dictionary/translation tool, icurio enables students to become independent learners, improve comprehension and attain a higher level of success. Whether a student is struggling with a specific subject, is an English language learner, or is in need of enrichment, icurio’s personalized learning features allow students to:
- Build and organize content collections on their own for homework and projects or access specific topic-based content that is organized and prepared by their teachers to address their individual learning needs.
- Connect with information in different formats such as videos, text, time-based resources and images.
- Make learning fun with educator-selected learning games and interactive online experiences, including a selected Game of the Week.
- Access customized ELL/ESL features that build vocabulary, grammar, pronunciation, reading comprehension, and writing skills.
- Extend learning beyond the classroom and beyond the school day with 24/7 web-based access from school or home.
Each icurio subscription includes a professional learning plan that is co-developed as part of every school or district implementation plan.
icurio utilizes the standards alignment services of Academic Benchmarks, the premier provider of comprehensive standards-based K-12 educational databases, alignment tools, and integration products.
Founded in 1999, Knovation is transforming K-12 education from a one-way, one-size-fits-all system to new paradigm of personalized and contextualized learning. Knovation’s solutions and services have impacted more than 27 million students and more than 1 million teachers in schools and districts across the nation. Knovation partners with educators, districts, educational technology developers and content providers to design and implement innovative personalized learning solutions that reduce barriers to learning and allow districts to realize more meaningful outcomes from their technology investment. The Knovation product portfolio includes netTrekker, the trusted solution for delivering more than 330,000 educator-curated, active learning resources; and icurio, the digital curriculum content solution that supports the transformation from print to digital, delivers on the intent of Common Core and enables personalized learning. Knovation also provides professional learning and consulting services, a fully curated learning resource library and content contextualization services. For more information, please contact Knovation at 1.855.KNOVATE (566-8283) or visit www.knovationlearning.com.