- Laura Hannah
- Director of Marketing
- Amy Smolensky
- Communications Consultant
Cincinnati, OH – February 3, 2012 – netTrekker, the leader in personalized learning solutions, today announced that it has re-launched as Knovation. The new entity reflects a transformation of the company’s strategic growth plan and ongoing endeavor to create breakthrough digital content solutions for K-12 education that remove the barriers to learning and address the unique needs of students, teachers, parents and educational administrators. Under the new entity, the netTrekker Search product line will now be sold under the Knovation corporate umbrella.
“Knovation is much more than a new name, it is a new mission,” said Joe Grieshop, president and managing officer of Knovation. “This corporate transformation will allow us to build on the solid foundation of netTrekker Search and deliver breakthrough and disruptive learning solutions that focus on a fundamental shift from a one-way, one-size-fits-all approach to education to a learner-centered approach that minimizes environmental, emotional, functional and stylistic learning barriers and is customized to the unique needs of every learner.”
Building on netTrekker’s history and reputation for “safe search” tools, Knovation has extended its suite of advanced technologies, professional services, and content solutions to deliver learner-centered, micro-curriculum content. As part of its transformation, a restructured leadership team comprised of the best minds in the education and technology industries will lead Knovation. Commissioning one of the largest bodies of parent/student/teacher-based research in the industry designed to understand the unique needs of each, Knovation has already begun building out its advanced services and solutions, and will launch icurio, the company’s digital curriculum content solution for personalized learning, later this month. In addition, the new company will leverage strategic acquisitions to complement existing and future product lines.
Knovation Announces New Leadership
Knovation has re-aligned existing leadership and recruited top industry talent to advance the company’s efforts to deliver powerful, personalized learning solutions.
- Randy Wilhelm, CEO and Co-founder of netTrekker, will continue in his role as CEO of Knovation focusing on thought leadership and product innovation. In addition to his board positions and industry leadership, Wilhelm will engage customers and school districts around the country in advancing personalized learning initiatives.
- Joe Grieshop joined Knovation in 2010 to spearhead its corporate transformation and restructuring. Now serving as President and Managing Officer, Grieshop leads the company’s strategic plan and provides hands-on leadership of research, product development, operations, sales and marketing.
- Steve Nordmark has been appointed as Chief Academic Officer. Formerly Vice President, Solutions Management and Development for netTrekker, he is focused on the convergence of research, technology vision and academia and will direct all areas of technology and development.
- Jeffrey Carter has been appointed as Chief Technology Officer. He was formerly Director of Technology for netTrekker and will continue to oversee the company’s technical strategy and product development.
- Joe Vallo has been appointed as Chief Accountability Officer. A senior leader since the company was founded, as Chief Accountability Officer, Vallo will establish strategic direction and manage operations.
- Julie Seibert has been appointed as Vice President, Controller overseeing the company’s financial operations.
- Lynn Ochs joins Knovation as Director of Professional Learning. With 30 years of experience in teaching, district administration, and professional learning, in this role she will focus on enabling the effective use of digital curriculum content in the classroom.
- Marci Campbell has been appointed as Director of Next Generation Solutions and will focus on innovation and user experience. With netTrekker since 2005, Campbell was formerly Manager of Professional Development.
- Laura Hannah has been appointed as Director of Marketing. With netTrekker since 2003, Hannah will lead the company’s strategic marketing efforts.
- Alan Whisman, a 30-year education industry veteran, has been appointed as Director of Content Solutions to develop strategy and processes for integrating and contextualizing digital curriculum content.
- Ashwin Rao, has been appointed as Director of Enterprise Program Management and will align technology and product initiatives with corporate strategic direction.
“The Knovation senior management team is comprised of the best people in the industry,” said Randy Wilhelm, CEO and co-founder of Knovation. “This group of leaders is poised to fulfill Knovation’s mission to impact the personalization of learning by delivering the most advanced micro-curriculum content solutions and digital transformation services available in the industry. In the last 12 years we have had the privilege to serve hundreds of thousands of students and their teachers. We’ve only just begun!”
Knovation designs and implements advanced personalized learning solutions that reduce barriers to learning and allow districts to realize meaningful outcomes from their technology investment. The company’s portfolio includes netTrekker, the trusted solution for delivering hundreds of thousands of educator-curated, state and Common Core standards aligned learning-ready digital resources; and icurio, the learning engagement solution for 21st century blended learning that helps districts implement their digital conversions. These two solutions are backed by a fully curated learning resource library built from tens of millions of online resources that pass a rigorous 127-point process. Knovation provides professional learning and consulting services, resource management and delivery services, and a curriculum service solution that aligns digital content to each district’s curriculum. Since 1999, the company has impacted more than 27 million students and over 1 million teachers in schools nationwide. For more information, visit www.knovationlearning.com.